PADI Rescue Diver $375
Our PADI Rescue Diver certification training clients all essentially tell us the same thing when they’re finished – that learning to become a rescue diver is as transformative as it is challenging.
They also say this Triple Sail course is FUN!
The two day PADI Rescue Diver certification course is unique in that it is the first recreational diving certification in which scuba divers learn to start caring for their fellow dive buddies beyond pre-dive buddy checks and managing an underwater gear failure. Rescue divers learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of distressed divers and confidently respond to genuine medical emergencies should it become necessary.
Prepare to be someone’s hero – earn your PADI Rescue Diver certification next time you’re in Cozumel.
During this course you will prepare an emergency assistance plan for a dive site in Cozumel, Mexico of your choosing, demonstrate the self rescue skills you learned in your Open Water Diver certification course and then complete 10 rescue exercises and 2 simulated diver rescue emergencies in open water.
The 10 rescue exercises include the following:
- Tired Diver
- Panicked Diver
- Response from Shore, Boat or Dock of a Responsive Diver
- Distressed Diver Underwater
- Missing Diver
- Surfacing an Unresponsive Diver
- Unresponsive Diver at the Surface
- Exiting the Unresponsive Diver
- First Aid for Pressure-Related Injuries and Oxygen Administration
- Response from Shore or Boat to an Unresponsive Non-Breathing Diver at the Surface
The 2 simulated diver rescue emergency responses include the following:
- Scenario 1: “Unresponsive Diver Underwater” in which you will search for and locate a missing diver during an accident simulation.
- Scenario 2: “Unresponsive Diver at the Surface” in which you will evaluate, tow, demonstrate in-water rescue breathing, removing the victim’s equipment, then exiting and providing CPR on shore using a CPR mannequin to demonstrate proper technique.
Make no bones about it, we individually tailor every emergency rescue scenario specifically to our clients to challenge them and reach significant breakthroughs in personal, emotional and physical performance. You WILL have fun, but you will be physically and emotionally exhausted when you are through.
When and where lives matter, so does your training.
In addition to offering the full PADI Rescue Diver certification course, taught completely by Triple Sail scuba instructors from start to finish, we also offer the following training option:
PADI Rescue Diver with Prior e-Learning $150
You can choose to do all of the book work, knowledge reviews and final exams for your PADI Rescue Diver certification from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace with PADI e-Learning. When you’ve completed your fully interactive online course we’ll get started with the in-water work that includes 10 open water rescue exercises and 2 simulated Diver Rescue emergencies.
Requirements to Become a PADI Rescue Diver
- Be a certified PADI Adventure Diver with Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive or have an equivalent certification from another certifying agency.
- Have had Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months. Training may be completed along with rescue diver course.
- Be at least 12 years old.
- Complete the PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document.
Scuba gear – masks, fins, buoyancy compensators and regulators are not included in the Rescue Diver certification course price but can be rented for $20 per day.